Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Nash
Statement as of 3:44 AM EDT on July 27, 2016
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on July 27, 2016
... Heat advisory remains in effect from noon today to 8 PM EDT
* temperatures... highs will be in the mid to upper 90s.
* Heat indices... 105 to 109 degrees.
* Impacts... the accumulative effects of the heat and humidity
will lead to an increased risk of heat related illnesses...
especially among vulnerable individuals such as the sick... the
elderly... those exerting themselves outdoors... and those
without air conditioning.
A heat advisory means that hot temperatures and high humidity
will create a situation in which heat illnesses are possible.
Drink plenty of fluids... stay in an air-conditioned room... stay
out of the sun... and check up on relatives and neighbors.
Statement as of 8:50 PM EDT on July 26, 2016
... Record high minimum temperature broken at the Piedmont triad
international Airport in Greensboro...
The low temperature at gso was 76 degrees. This breaks the old
record high minimum temperature of 75 last set in 2012.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 3:27 AM EDT on July 27, 2016
The warning alarm feature of the NOAA weather and all hazards
radio will be activated for test purposes this morning... between
11 am and noon. This test is conducted every Wednesday morning...
unless there is a threat of severe weather.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Alaska - Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Illinois - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Areal Flood Advisory
- Maryland - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Record Report
- Minnesota - Areal Flood Warning
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Special Statement , Record Report
- Nevada - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - Record Report
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Areal Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Flash Flood Warning , Record Report
- Texas - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Virginia - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report