Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Nash
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Statement as of 4:20 PM EDT on September 28, 2016
Expires 4:45 PM EDT on September 28, 2016
... A Severe Thunderstorm Warning remains in effect until 445 PM EDT
for central Wilson and south central Nash counties...
At 420 PM EDT... a severe thunderstorm was located over Wilson... or 15
miles south of Nashville... moving northeast at 30 mph.
Hazard... 60 mph wind gusts and quarter size hail.
Source... radar indicated.
Impact... hail damage to vehicles is expected. Expect wind damage to
roofs... siding... and trees.
Locations impacted include...
Wilson... Elm City... Bailey... Sharpsburg... Sims... willbanks...
New Hope... Tar River Reservoir and BUckhorn Reservoir.
For your protection move to an interior room on the lowest floor of a
A Severe Thunderstorm Watch remains in effect until 1000 PM EDT for
central North Carolina.
Lat... Lon 3568 7783 3565 7812 3573 7814 3585 7810
3588 7785 3586 7782 3584 7777 3583 7775
time... Mot... loc 2020z 247deg 25kt 3574 7796
Severe Thunderstorm Watch
Statement as of 4:24 PM EDT on September 28, 2016
Expires 10:00 PM EDT on September 28, 2016
Severe Thunderstorm Watch 488 remains in effect until 1000 PM EDT
. North Carolina counties included are
Alamance Alexander Alleghany
Anson Ashe Avery
Burke Cabarrus Caldwell
Caswell Catawba Chatham
Cleveland Cumberland Davidson
Davie Durham Edgecombe
Forsyth Franklin Gaston
Granville Guilford Halifax
Harnett Hoke Iredell
Johnston Lee Lincoln
McDowell Mecklenburg Montgomery
Moore Nash Northampton
Orange person Polk
Randolph Richmond Rockingham
Rowan Rutherford Sampson
Scotland Stanly Stokes
Surry Union Vance
wake Warren Watauga
Wayne Wilkes Wilson
- Alabama - Public Information Statement
- Alaska - Coastal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Public Information Statement
- California - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning
- Pennsylvania - Areal Flood Watch
- South Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Virginia - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory