Current Watches and Warnings
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 3:10 PM MST on December 02, 2016
Expires 7:00 PM EST on December 05, 2016
... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Sunday morning through
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a Winter
Storm Watch... which is in effect from Sunday morning through
* Locations... Big Hole Pass... Chief Joseph Pass... Dillon...
Monida Pass... Cut Bank... Great Falls... Kings Hill Pass...
Flesher Pass... Helena... Lincoln... MacDonald Pass... Rogers
Pass... Ennis... Norris Hill... Raynolds Pass... Twin Bridges...
Conrad... Fairfield... Stanford... Lewistown... Lewistown
Divide... Boulder... Boulder Hill... Elk Park Pass... Homestake
pass... Whitehall... Townsend... White Sulphur Springs... Battle
Ridge Pass... Bozeman... Bozeman Pass... Targhee Pass... West
* Snow accumulations... 2 to 5 inches of snow in the valleys and
plains... with 6 to 10 inches in the mountains.
* Timing... snow will develop Sunday afternoon and continue through
Monday afternoon before tapering off. A period of moderate to
heavy snow is possible... especially Sunday night into Monday
* Impacts... moderate to at times heavy snow will create hazardous
driving conditions at times. In addition... blowing and drifting
snow is possible... especially Sunday afternoon into Monday
morning... which may lead to very low visibility at times.
Significant travel impacts will be possible for the Monday
* Winds... west 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Web page: to see a graphical representation of this hazard
please visit our web Page and click on the detailed hazards
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 2:38 PM MST on December 02, 2016
... Snowfall reports last 48 hours...
Location amount time/date lat/Lon
... Beaverhead County...
Mule Creek snotel 2.0 in 1200 PM 12/02 45.41n/112.96w
bloody Dick snotel 1.0 in 0100 PM 12/02 45.17n/113.50w
3 NNE Polaris 0.7 in 0700 am 12/02 45.42n/113.10w
... Blaine County...
Chinook 0.5 in 0835 am 12/02 48.59n/109.23w
... Cascade County...
Neihart 5.0 in 0700 am 12/02 46.92n/110.72w
Great Falls Airport 2.6 in 0453 am 12/02 47.47n/111.38w
Great Falls NWS 2.6 in 0500 am 12/02 47.46n/111.38w
... Chouteau County...
Fort Benton 0.1 in 0800 am 12/02 47.81n/110.67w
... Gallatin County...
1 se Bozeman 2.6 in 0700 am 12/02 45.66n/111.03w
Brackett creek snotel 1.0 in 0100 PM 12/02 45.89n/110.94w
Lick Creek snotel 1.0 in 0100 PM 12/02 45.50n/110.97w
Bridger Bowl - alpine 0.7 in 0100 PM 12/02 45.83n/110.92w
... Lewis And Clark County...
Copper Camp snotel 1.0 in 0100 PM 12/02 47.08n/112.73w
... Madison County...
5 WNW Big Sky 2.5 in 0100 PM 12/02 45.29n/111.44w
1 E Sheridan 2.1 in 0700 am 12/02 45.46n/112.16w
Divide snotel 1.0 in 0600 am 12/02 44.79n/112.06w
Big Sky - Lobo 0.4 in 0100 PM 12/02 45.28n/111.43w
Ennis 0.2 in 0900 am 12/02 45.34n/111.71w
Yellowstone club - base 0.2 in 0100 PM 12/02 45.24n/111.41w
... Teton County...
Bynum 4 SSE 1.0 in 0630 am 12/02 47.93n/112.29w
3 ENE Dutton 0.5 in 0500 am 12/02 47.86n/111.65w
... Toole County...
Shelby 0.5 in 0900 am 12/02 48.50n/111.86w
Dunkirk 19nne 0.1 in 0800 am 12/02 48.72n/111.47w
Observations are collected from a variety of sources with varying
equipment and exposures. Not all data listed are considered official.
- Alabama - Public Information Statement
- Alaska - High Wind Warning , Wind Chill Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Freeze Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- Idaho - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory, Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory
- Illinois - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Coastal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Maine - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Winter Weather Advisory
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Missouri - Public Information Statement
- Montana - Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory, Winter Storm Watch , Avalanche Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- North Carolina - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Utah - Wind Advisory
- Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Washington - High Surf Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , Special Statement