Current Watches and Warnings
Montana, Southern Rocky Mountain Front
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 1:14 PM MST on March 07, 2014
Expires 5:45 PM EDT on March 09, 2014
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has extended the
* Flood Warning for urban areas and small streams in...
Lewis And Clark County in west central Montana
* until 345 PM MDT Sunday
* at 100 PM MST County law enforcement and emergency service
agencies report that water has receded off of major and secondary
roads across Lewis And Clark County. Ponding of water is still
likely in poor drainage areas and low lying spots.
Warm temperatures this weekend will lead to rapid snowmelt and could
cause water to come back onto area roads.
A Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or has been reported.
Water rises will be slow and flash flooding is not expected.
However... all interested parties should take necessary precautions
Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle into
areas where the water covers the roadway. Flood waters are usually
deeper than they appear. Just one foot of flowing water is powerful
enough to sweep vehicles off the Road. When encountering flooded
roads make the smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
To report flooding... have the nearest law enforcement agency relay
your report to the National Weather Service forecast office.
Lat... Lon 4792 11307 4760 11279 4765 11255 4751 11228
4751 11205 4720 11204 4713 11179 4692 11179
4679 11149 4674 11163 4657 11164 4657 11203
4642 11232 4665 11232 4670 11253 4683 11254
4683 11279 4717 11279 4718 11305 4772 11317
High Wind Warning
Statement as of 4:15 AM MDT on March 09, 2014
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on March 09, 2014
... High Wind Warning remains in effect until 9 PM MDT this
A High Wind Warning remains in effect until 9 PM MDT this
* Timing and main impact: gusty west winds will continue across
much of north central Montana today.
* Main impact: strong winds could make driving difficult for
high profile vehicles and towing units.
* Winds: southwest to west winds 30 to 45 mph with gusts up to 65
mph. Favored passes and canyons along the Rocky Mountain front
and near the Sweet Grass hills could see gusts up to 80 mph.
* Locations affected include: Fairfield... Choteau... Stanford...
Chinook... Conrad... Browning... Marias Pass... Shelby...
Chester... Cut Bank... Havre... Great Falls... Kings Hill Pass...
Big Sandy... Fort Benton... Flesher Pass... Helena... Lincoln...
MacDonald Pass... Rogers Pass.
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit
our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
- Alaska - Wind Chill Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Dense Fog Advisory
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Special Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Missouri - Special Statement
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory, Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory
- New Hampshire - Special Weather Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Special Statement
- Oregon - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning
- Texas - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement