Current Watches and Warnings
Montana, Central and Southern Lewis and Clark
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 2:51 PM MST on December 19, 2014
Expires 7:00 AM EST on December 22, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 5 PM Saturday to 5 am
MST Monday for elevations above 5000 feet...
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for elevations above 5000 feet for snow and
blowing snow... which is in effect from 5 PM Saturday to 5 am MST
* Timing and main impact: snow will develop over the Rocky
Mountains Saturday night and continue through early Monday. The
axis of heaviest snowfall will gradually shift from north to
* Snow accumulations: 3 to 6 inches of snow are expected over
mountain passes with 10 to 20 inches possible above pass level.
Snow accumulation may be reduced further south as snow levels
rise on Sunday afternoon.
* Winds and visibility: wind gusts up to 60 mph will peak early
Sunday through favored areas along the Rocky Mountain front.
Visibility could drop below 1/2 mile at times in blowing snow.
* Elevations: for elevations above 5000 feet.
* Locations affected include: Marias Pass... Boulder Hill... Elk
Park Pass... Homestake pass... Flesher Pass... MacDonald Pass...
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit
our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that
visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and
blowing snow. Use caution when traveling... especially in open
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana... dial 5 1 1.
- Arkansas - Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- California - High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Watch , Record Report
- Maine - Record Report
- Minnesota - Winter Weather Advisory
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Weather Statement
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory
- Nevada - Winter Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Oregon - Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Record Report
- Utah - Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Dense Fog Advisory