Current Watches and Warnings
Montana, Northern Rocky Mountain Front
High Wind Warning
Statement as of 4:31 AM MDT on July 23, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on July 25, 2014
... High Wind Warning in effect from midnight tonight to midnight
MDT Thursday night...
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a High
Wind Warning... which is in effect from midnight tonight to
midnight MDT Thursday night. The high wind watch is no longer in
* Timing: winds will increase late Wednesday as a strong cold
front moves across the Rocky Mountain front. Strong gusty
winds will continue through Thursday evening.
* Winds: sustained winds over 35 mph and gusts over 60 mph are
expected... especially to favored locations such as Logan Pass.
* Other impacts: travel could become difficult for high profile
vehicles and vehicles towing trailers. These high winds
could also create hazardous conditions for outdoor
* Locations affected include: Browning... Marias Pass... Logan Pass
* to see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit
our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Local Storm Report
07/22/2014 0750 PM
11 miles ENE of Babb, Glacier County.
Thunderstorm wind gust m52 mph, reported by mesonet.
52 mph thunderstorm wind gust.
- Alabama - Public Information Statement
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Arkansas - Heat Advisory
- California - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Fire Weather Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- Nebraska - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- New York - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report