Current Watches and Warnings
Montana, Flathead/Mission Valleys
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 2:39 PM MST on March 08, 2014
Expires 1:30 PM EDT on March 09, 2014
The National Weather Service in Missoula has extended the
* Flood Warning for...
eastern Sanders County in northwest Montana...
southwestern Flathead County in northwest Montana...
Western Lake County in northwest Montana...
* until 1130 am MDT Sunday.
* Emergency management reported the little Bitterroot river is out
of its banks between Hot Springs and the Flathead river. Flooding is
occurring on the little Bitterroot Road with 2 to 3 feet of water on
the roadway from salons bridge to the intersection of Highway
28... or from 2 miles east-northeast of Hot Springs to 10.5 miles
west-southwest of Ronan. The little Bitterroot Road is closed
between these points and will be closed until further notice.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
safely. Move to higher ground.
Lat... Lon 4752 11431 4747 11428 4746 11434 4745 11437
4743 11441 4743 11446 4744 11449 4748 11450
4753 11454 4756 11457 4760 11460 4764 11463
4767 11463 4771 11464 4777 11463 4781 11461
4781 11455 4775 11455 4770 11455 4765 11453
4761 11450 4758 11445 4753 11444 4751 11442
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 12:31 PM MST on March 08, 2014
Expires 3:15 PM EDT on March 09, 2014
The National Weather Service in Missoula has issued a
* Flood Advisory for small streams and poor water drainage due
rain and melting snow in...
Flathead County in northwest Montana...
Lincoln County in northwest Montana...
Sanders County in northwest Montana...
Mineral County in west central Montana...
* until further notice.
* Another moist weather system will move through north west Montana
which will bring more rainfall to an area already
experiencing flood issues due to poor water drainage. The
rainfall that will exacerbate the situation with additional risk
to low-lying roads and properties... including garages... outbuilds
Many small streams and creeks have risen significantly over the
past several days due to snow melt and past rainfall. The
addition of the rain tonight could cause a few of the streams in
the area to flow out of their banks by Sunday.
Lat... Lon 4900 11407 4817 11324 4802 11290 4800 11288
4759 11330 4761 11363 4805 11389 4796 11449
4760 11459 4759 11432 4714 11419 4726 11479
4702 11442 4675 11456 4671 11479 4725 11532
4742 11576 4770 11572 4797 11605 4901 11604
- Alaska - Wind Chill Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Fire Weather Watch
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- New Hampshire - Special Weather Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Record Report