Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:51 PM CDT on May 01, 2016
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on May 02, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect through Monday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of southeast Louisiana and southern Mississippi...
including the following areas... in southeast Louisiana...
Ascension... Assumption... East Baton Rouge... East Feliciana...
Iberville... Livingston... northern Tangipahoa... Orleans...
Pointe Coupee... southern Tangipahoa... St. Charles... St.
Helena... St. James... St. John The Baptist... St. Tammany...
upper Jefferson... upper Lafourche... upper Plaquemines... upper
St. Bernard... upper Terrebonne... Washington... West Baton Rouge
and West Feliciana. In southern Mississippi... Amite... Pike...
Walthall and Wilkinson.
* Late tonight through Monday evening
* an additional 2 to 4 inches of rain over portions of the watch
area with isolated amounts in excess of 6 inches possible.
* Primary impacts will be flash flooding of low lying locations
especially in urban areas with poor drainage or along low
lying rural roads. Flooding of streams... creeks and bayous can
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement , Special Weather Statement , Public Information Statement
- Idaho - Lake Wind Advisory, Frost Advisory , Frost Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Virgin Islands - Areal Flood Advisory
- Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement