Current Watches and Warnings
Missouri, St. Charles
Statement as of 1:23 AM CDT on September 02, 2014
Expires 2:23 AM EDT on September 03, 2014
The National Weather Service in St. Louis has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Dardenne creek at St. Peters
* until further notice.
* At 1:00 am Tuesday the stage was 17.5 feet.
* Flood stage is 18.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast: rise above flood stage and reach approximately
19.0 feet by early this morning.
* Impact: at 19.4 feet... Ball fields at sports Center Park become
* Impact: at 19.2 feet... lone Wolff park begins flooding just south
of Main Street/Highway c, just west of St. Peters.
Fld latest 7 a.M. Forecast
location stg obs stg 09/03 09/04 09/05 09/06 09/07
St. Peters 18.0 17.47
Lat... Lon 3875 9063 3879 9066 3883 9063 3882 9061
Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 11:09 PM CDT on September 01, 2014
Expires 4:00 AM EDT on September 02, 2014
1052 PM CDT Mon Sep 1 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until 7 am CDT Tuesday...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Illinois and Missouri... including the following
counties... in Illinois... Bond IL... Calhoun IL... Clinton IL...
Fayette IL... Greene IL... Jersey IL... Macoupin IL... Madison
IL... Marion IL... Monroe IL... Montgomery IL... Randolph IL...
St. Clair IL and Washington IL. In Missouri... Callaway MO...
Cole MO... Crawford MO... Franklin MO... Gasconade MO... Iron
MO... Jefferson MO... Lincoln MO... Madison MO... Moniteau MO...
Montgomery MO... Osage MO... Pike MO... Reynolds MO... St.
Charles MO... St. Francois MO... St. Louis city MO... St. Louis
MO... Ste. Genevieve MO... Warren MO and Washington MO.
* Until 7 am CDT Tuesday
* thunderstorms producing heavy rainfall are expected to train
over the area tonight. Widespread rainfall amounts between
1.5 and 2 inches are expected... with localized rainfalls of 3
to 4 inches. Areas along and south of the Interstate 44
corridor in Missouri... and along and south of the Interstate
70 corridor in Illinois are expected to get the heaviest
amounts of rain tonight.
* Heavy rainfall will result in flooding of low lying or poor
drainage areas... and ultimately dangerous flash flooding on
smaller creeks and streams. Significant rises on larger
streams and rivers will also be possible.
A Flash Flood Watch means that flash flooding is possible but not
imminent in the watch area. People in the watch area should be
aware of the possibility of heavy rainfall and flash flooding.
Check your preparedness requirements... especially if you live in
flood prone areas. Stay informed... and be ready for quick action
if flooding is observed or if a Flash Flood Warning is issued.
The National Weather Service in St Louis has issued an
* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for...
northeastern Franklin County in east central Missouri...
northern Jefferson County in east central Missouri...
St. Charles County in east central Missouri...
St. Louis County in east central Missouri...
St. Louis city in east central Missouri...
* until 300 am CDT
* at 1050 PM CDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated
thunderstorms with heavy rainfall across the advisory area. Doppler
radar estimated between one and two inches of rain in the past hour
over Saint Charles County. This area of heavy rain is moving east
into Saint Louis County... northern Jefferson and the city of Saint
Louis over the next hour or so.
* Runoff from this excessive rainfall will cause minor flooding to
occur... especially along small streams and near low water
crossings. Some locations that will experience minor flooding
include... Affton... Arnold... Ballwin... Bel-Ridge... Bellefontaine
Neighbors... Berkeley... Black Jack... Brentwood... Bridgeton... Byrnes
Mill... Chesterfield... Clarkson Valley... Clayton... Cool Valley...
Cottleville... Crestwood... Creve Coeur... Dardenne Prairie...
Dellwood... Des Peres... Ellisville... Eureka... Fenton... Ferguson...
Florissant... Frontenac... Glendale... Gray Summit... Hazelwood and
An Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory means river or stream flows
are elevated or ponding of water in urban or other areas is occurring
or is imminent.
Lat... Lon 3878 9015 3873 9021 3866 9018 3862 9019
3852 9027 3843 9030 3841 9099 3855 9097
3878 9096 3891 9022 3884 9014
Local Storm Report
09/02/2014 1230 am
6 miles WSW of O'Fallon, St Charles County.
Heavy rain m3.56 inch, reported by trained spotter.
Rainfall so far. Light rain still falling.
09/02/2014 1200 am
2 miles S of Wentzville, St Charles County.
Heavy rain m3.68 inch, reported by NWS employee.
09/01/2014 0853 PM
O'Fallon, St Charles County.
Thunderstorm wind gust e40 mph, reported by NWS employee.
Wind gusts 35 to 45 mph north of I-70 and west of Main
Street... then it poured down rain. Lots of ponding on
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning
- California - Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Indiana - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Missouri - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Montana - Flood Warning , High Wind Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- New Mexico - Record Report
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Special Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Coastal Hazard Statement , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report