Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Warning
Statement as of 2:37 AM CDT on September 02, 2014
Expires 9:00 AM EDT on September 02, 2014
... Flash Flood Warning remains in effect for Montgomery...
northeastern Moniteau... Callaway and southern Boone counties until
800 am CDT...
Rainfall over the warning area began tapering off after
midnight... and as of 230 am all of the rain has moved out of the
However... runoff from the extremely heavy rainfall of earlier this
evening is continuing the flash flood threat early this morning.
Hinkson creek in Columbia has climbed past its 15 foot flood stage
and is now at 18 feet... with the latest gage readings indicating
that the rise in water levels is beginning to slow. In
addition... numerous roads in and around the Columbia area have been
closed due to flooding.
Rainfall reports from Missouri ag sites... weather observers... and
storm spotters... as well as rainfall estimates from radar... indicate
that 3 to 6 inches of rain fell along the Interstate 70 corridor
from west of Columbia to east of Montgomery City on Monday evening.
Some locations that will experience flash flooding
include... Ashland... Columbia... Fulton... Montgomery
City... Auxvasse... Bellflower... Big
Spring... Buell... Easley... Jamestown... Jonesburg... midway... Mineola...
Murry... New Bloomfield... New Florence... Rocheport... Shamrock and
This warning includes Graham Cave State Park... Jewell cemetery
historic site and Rock Bridge State Park.
This warning also includes...
Interstate 70 in Missouri from exit 115 to exit 183.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding. If flooding is observed... act quickly. Do not
enter the water. Turn around and move up to higher ground. Do not
stay in areas subject to flooding when water begins rising.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
Lat... Lon 3891 9251 3898 9257 3907 9253 3906 9126
3885 9126 3884 9142 3871 9142 3871 9234
3874 9239 3871 9241 3871 9261
Statement as of 2:51 AM CDT on September 02, 2014
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Columbia ASOS...
a record rainfall of 4.5 inch(es) was set at Columbia ASOS
yesterday. This breaks the old record of 4.15 set in 1931.
Local Storm Report
09/02/2014 0602 am
New Florence, Montgomery County.
Flash flood, reported by law enforcement.
Water over the Road on part of Highway 19 in New
09/01/2014 0357 PM
Montgomery City, Montgomery County.
Hail e0.25 inch, reported by trained spotter.
The pea size hail.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Fire Weather Watch
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Indiana - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Areal Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Dense Fog Advisory
- Massachusetts - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Montana - Flood Warning , High Wind Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning
- New Hampshire - Dense Fog Advisory
- New Mexico - Record Report
- New York - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch
- Rhode Island - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Coastal Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement, High Surf Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning