Current Watches and Warnings
Minnesota, East Polk
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:42 AM CDT on May 06, 2016
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on May 06, 2016
... Red flag warning in effect from 11 am this morning to 7 PM CDT
this evening for gusty winds and low relative humidity for
northwestern into west central Minnesota...
The National Weather Service in Grand Forks has issued a red flag
warning for gusty winds and low relative humidity... which is in
effect from 11 am this morning to 7 PM CDT this evening.
* Affected area... in Minnesota... fire weather zones 001... 002...
003... 004... 005... 006... 007... 008... 009... 013... 014... 015...
016... 017... 022... 023... 024... 027... 028... 029... 030... 031...
032 and 040.
* Winds... becoming north or northwest at 15 to 25 mph with gusts
up to 35 mph.
* Timing... late morning through late afternoon.
* Relative humidity... as low as 22 percent.
* Temperatures... near 70 across far northwest Minnesota to the mid
80s in west central Minnesota.
* Impacts... any fires that develop may spread rapidly.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Statement as of 1:40 AM CDT on May 06, 2016
... Record daily maximum temperature set at Grand Forks International
A daily record maximum temperature of 93 degrees was set at Grand
Forks International Airport yesterday. This breaks the old record of
85 degrees set in 2000.
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Coastal Flood Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory
- District of Columbia - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Statement , Fire Weather Watch
- Georgia - Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Lake Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Coastal Flood Watch
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Warning, Coastal Flood Advisory
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Coastal Flood Watch
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- New York - Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Coastal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Oregon - Flash Flood Watch
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Virginia - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Watch , Record Report