Current Watches and Warnings
Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 8:55 PM EDT on April 18, 2014
Expires 12:00 PM EDT on April 19, 2014
1051 am EDT Fri Apr 18 2014
The Flood Warning continues for
the Muskegon river near Croton.
* Until Wednesday morning.
* At 7:45 PM Friday the stage was 10.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 9.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
* Impact... at 11.0 feet... expect moderate flooding of cottages and
homes upstream of Newaygo on Salmon run and Russell Road in Croton
township... The Devils Hole area... and Gardner drive in Brooks
township. Expect moderate flooding of cottages and homes
downstream of Newaygo in the Anderson flats area... Sugar Bush Lane
and Maple drive... Bell Meadow drive... and the lower Bridgeton
area. Expect water to be over South River drive in the lower
Bridgeton area. River Lane impassable in the old womans Bend area.
* Flood history... this crest compares to a previous crest of 10.6 feet
on Apr 29 2011.
Lat... Lon 4328 8604 4338 8578 4342 8562 4346 8570
4345 8582 4335 8604
The National Weather Service in Grand Rapids has extended the
* Flood Warning for...
Newaygo County in west central Michigan...
* until noon EDT Saturday
* at 1048 am EDT... County emergency management indicated that there
are still roads scattered across the County that are closed due to
water over the roads.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include... Newaygo...
Bitely... Fremont... White Cloud... Aetna... Big Prairie... Bishop...
Croton Heights... Lilley... Oxbow... Volney and Wooster.
Flooding is occurring or is imminent. Most flood related deaths occur
in vehicles. Do not attempt to cross water covered bridges... dips...
or low water crossings. Never try to cross a flowing stream... even a
small one... on foot or in a vehicle.
Lat... Lon 4382 8604 4381 8556 4330 8557 4329 8604
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Tornado Watch , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Watch
- New Jersey - Special Statement , Record Report
- New York - Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Vermont - Flood Warning
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report