Current Watches and Warnings
Maine, Southern Franklin
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 4:09 AM EDT on May 04, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on May 04, 2015
... Red flag warning in effect from noon today to 8 PM EDT this
evening for critical fire weather conditions for northern central
and southwest New Hampshire and the mountains and foothills of
The National Weather Service in gray has issued a red flag
warning for critical fire weather conditions... which is in effect
from noon today to 8 PM EDT this evening. The Fire Weather Watch
is no longer in effect.
* Affected area... fire weather zone 001 northern Coos... fire
weather zone 002 southern Coos... fire weather zone 003
northern Grafton... fire weather zone 004 northern Carroll...
fire weather zone 005 southern Grafton... fire weather zone 006
southern Carroll... fire weather zone 007 northern Oxford...
fire weather zone 007 Sullivan... fire weather zone 008
northern Franklin... fire weather zone 008 Merrimack... fire
weather zone 009 Central Somerset... fire weather zone 009
Belknap... fire weather zone 011 Cheshire NH... fire weather
zone 012 southern Oxford... fire weather zone 012 eastern
Hillsborough NH... fire weather zone 013 southern Franklin...
fire weather zone 014 southern Somerset and fire weather zone
015 western and central Hillsborough NH.
* Winds... southwest 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
* Timing... Monday afternoon through the evening.
* Relative humidity... as low as 25 percent.
* Temperatures... in the mid 70s to lower 80s.
* Lightning... none.
* Impacts... any fires may spread rapidly and uncontrollably.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures will
create explosive fire growth potential.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Frost Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Fire Weather Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Fire Weather Warning
- Massachusetts - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Michigan - Record Report
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Areal Flood Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Fire Weather Warning
- New Jersey - Fire Weather Warning
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory
- Oregon - Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Fire Weather Warning
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Washington - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory