Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 2:44 PM CDT on August 24, 2016
Expires 4:00 PM EDT on August 25, 2016
The National Weather Service in New Orleans has extended the
* Flood Advisory for...
east central Iberville Parish in southeastern Louisiana...
south central East Baton Rouge Parish in southeastern Louisiana...
northwestern Ascension Parish in southeastern Louisiana...
* until 300 PM CDT Thursday
* at 243 PM CDT... Bluff Swamp near Kleinpeter gauge reported a stage
of 12.95 feet at 2 PM CDT. Backwater and inland flooding continues
to be ongoing from the heavy rains of last week. Water levels are
beginning to drain slowly. Some showers and thunderstorms may
delay the drainage rate each afternoon.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Baton Rouge... Gonzales... Oak Hills Place... St. Gabriel...
Sorrento... Shenandoah... Inniswold... geismer... Old Jefferson...
Prairieville... Carville... Gardere...
Westminster and Village St. George.
Turn around... don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
A Flood Advisory means river or stream flows are elevated... or
ponding of water in urban or other areas is occurring or is imminent.
Lat... Lon 3041 9120 3045 9119 3046 9099 3039 9097
3037 9093 3036 9093 3036 9090 3021 9083
3016 9105 3018 9116 3025 9111 3030 9123
3032 9114 3033 9114 3034 9117 3035 9124
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Iowa - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Michigan - Flood Warning
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Areal Flood Advisory
- Montana - Air Quality Alert
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Special Statement
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Texas - Flood Warning
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement