Current Watches and Warnings
Louisiana, East Baton Rouge
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 9:44 PM CST on December 26, 2014
Expires 7:00 PM EST on December 28, 2014
... Flood Watch remains in effect through Sunday afternoon...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of southeast Louisiana and southern Mississippi...
including the following areas... in southeast Louisiana...
Ascension... Assumption... East Baton Rouge... East Feliciana...
Iberville... Livingston... lower Jefferson... lower Lafourche...
lower Plaquemines... lower St. Bernard... lower Terrebonne...
northern Tangipahoa... Orleans... Pointe Coupee... southern
Tangipahoa... St. Charles... St. Helena... St. James... St. John
The Baptist... St. Tammany... upper Jefferson... upper
Lafourche... upper Plaquemines... upper St. Bernard... upper
Terrebonne... Washington... West Baton Rouge and West Feliciana.
In southern Mississippi... Amite... Hancock... Harrison...
Jackson... Pearl River... Pike... Walthall and Wilkinson.
* Through Sunday afternoon
* a warm front moving north from the Gulf of Mexico tonight will
provide a focus for widespread moderate rainfall that can become
heavy at times. Widespread two day rainfall totals could average
between 3 and 5 inches with locally higher bands of rain
possibly between 6 and 10 inches somewhere in the advisory area.
* As of 930 PM CST... radar indicated a band of mostly light rain
has already developed from McComb... across Metro Baton Rouge to
the lower portions of Atchafalaya Bay and extending into the
central Gulf of Mexico. This band was nearly stationary but the
individual showers were moving north around 35 mph. A few
pockets of moderate rainfall was noted within this band. At this
time... radar rainfall estimates are generally less than one-
tenth of an inch but could reach closer to 1 inch by daybreak
Saturday. Rain rates will increase during the day Saturday.
* Due to recent rains... some rivers may swell to flood stage if
several inches of rainfall occur. Also... some localized
flooding of poorly drained areas may result if rains persist
for several hours.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
- Alabama - Flood Warning
- Alaska - High Wind Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Freeze Warning , Hard Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Hard Freeze Warning, Wind Advisory , Frost Advisory, Wind Advisory , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Hard Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Colorado - Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Special Statement, Hydrologic Statement
- Hawaii - High Wind Warning
- Idaho - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Areal Flood Watch
- Michigan - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch
- Montana - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Hard Freeze Warning
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning
- Oregon - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement
- Puerto Rico - High Surf Advisory
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- South Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory
- Texas - Winter Weather Advisory
- Utah - Winter Storm Watch
- Virgin Islands - High Surf Advisory
- Washington - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Record Report