Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 9:00 PM CDT on August 29, 2014
Expires 1:00 AM EDT on August 31, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch in effect through Saturday evening...
The National Weather Service in Lake Charles has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of Louisiana and southeast
Texas... including the following areas... in Louisiana...
Acadia... Allen... Avoyelles... Beauregard... Calcasieu... East
Cameron... Evangeline... Iberia... Jefferson Davis... Lafayette...
lower St. Martin... Rapides... St. Landry... St. Mary... upper St.
Martin... Vermilion... Vernon and West Cameron. In southeast
Texas... Jefferson and Orange.
* Through Saturday evening
* average total rain amounts of 2 to 3 inches will be possible by
Saturday evening... with isolated amounts of 3 to 5 inches
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Frost Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Florida - Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Illinois - Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flash Flood Watch
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Montana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Watch
- Wisconsin - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement