Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:13 AM EDT on August 05, 2015
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on August 07, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect from this afternoon through
late Thursday night...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of east central Kentucky... northeast Kentucky... south
central Kentucky and southeast Kentucky... including the
following areas... in east central Kentucky... Bath... Elliott...
Estill... Fleming... Menifee... Montgomery... Powell and Rowan. In
northeast Kentucky... Johnson and Martin. In south central
Kentucky... Laurel... Pulaski and Rockcastle. In southeast
Kentucky... Breathitt... Clay... Floyd... Harlan... Jackson...
Knott... Lee... Leslie... Letcher... Magoffin... Morgan... Owsley...
Perry... Pike and Wolfe.
* From this afternoon through late Thursday night
* numerous to widespread thunderstorms will produce heavy to
locally torrential rains at times from this afternoon into
Thursday evening. Local rainfall amounts may exceed 3 inches in
a short amount of time.
* Flash flooding may result in dangerous conditions on roads
near streams and creeks... and in other flood prone areas.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Watch , Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Watch
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Nebraska - Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- North Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning
- Wyoming - Record Report