Current Watches and Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 11:02 PM CDT on September 20, 2017
Expires 9:00 PM EDT on September 21, 2017
... Red flag warning remains in effect from noon MDT /1 PM CDT/ to
7 PM MDT /8 PM CDT/ Thursday for wind and low relative humidity
for fire weather zones 001... 002... 003... 004... 013... 014... 015...
016... 027... 028... 029... 041... 042... 079... 080... 081... 252...
253 and 254...
* affected area... in Colorado... fire weather zone 252 Yuma...
fire weather zone 253 Kit Carson and fire weather zone 254
Cheyenne. In Kansas... fire weather zone 001 Cheyenne... fire
weather zone 002 Rawlins... fire weather zone 003 Decatur...
fire weather zone 004 Norton... fire weather zone 013 Sherman...
fire weather zone 014 Thomas... fire weather zone 015
Sheridan... fire weather zone 016 Graham... fire weather zone
027 Wallace... fire weather zone 028 Logan... fire weather zone
029 Gove... fire weather zone 041 Greeley and fire weather zone
042 Wichita. In Nebraska... fire weather zone 079 Dundy... fire
weather zone 080 Hitchcock and fire weather zone 081 Red
* Winds... south 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Relative humidity... as low as 12 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that start will have extreme fire behavior
and spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not advised.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or are imminent. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
For more information from NOAA/National Weather Service visit...
- Alaska - Areal Flood Watch
- Arizona - Wind Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning, Frost Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Colorado - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Connecticut - Coastal Flood Statement , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Indiana -
- Iowa - Flash Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Fire Weather Warning
- Louisiana - Storm Surge Warning, Tropical Storm Warning , Flood Warning
- Maine - High Surf Advisory
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Massachusetts - Tropical Storm Warning , Hurricane Statement , High Surf Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Record Report
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri -
- Montana - Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Warning
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- New Hampshire - High Surf Advisory
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Statement
- New Mexico - Record Report
- New York - Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Statement , Coastal Flood Statement, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio -
- Oregon - Freeze Warning, Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Pennsylvania -
- Puerto Rico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Rhode Island - Tropical Storm Warning , Hurricane Statement , High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Virgin Islands - Flash Flood Watch
- Virginia - Coastal Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement