Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:54 AM CST on December 19, 2013
Expires 7:00 AM EST on December 22, 2013
... Flood Watch in effect from late Friday night through early
The National Weather Service in Lincoln has issued a
* Flood Watch for portions of central Illinois... east central
Illinois and southeast Illinois... including the following
areas... in central Illinois... Christian... Macon... Moultrie...
Piatt and Shelby. In east central Illinois... Champaign...
Clark... Coles... Cumberland... Douglas... Edgar and Vermilion. In
southeast Illinois... Clay... Crawford... Effingham... Jasper...
Lawrence and Richland.
* From late Friday night through early Sunday morning.
* Stalled frontal boundary providing a focus for a prolonged rain
event. Precipitation totals from 2 to 3 inches with locally
higher amounts are expected. This rainfall... in conjunction with
snow melt and already saturated ground... is expected to cause
problems with flooding due to excessive runoff.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
Statement as of 4:12 AM CST on December 19, 2013
Expires 5:00 PM EST on December 19, 2013
... Winter weather system heading for central Illinois late this
Another episode of winter weather will be moving into central
Illinois. After a slight warming trend on Thursday... a cold front
will be moving through central Illinois late Thursday night and
through the day Friday. Rain and possible freezing rain will come
with this system Friday morning and into Friday afternoon.
However the more significant precipitation will move back into the
area on Saturday. Rain... some heavy at times... will develop and
move back into the region late Friday night and into the Saturday.
Freezing rain will be possible through the morning hours Saturday
over the northern half of central Illinois. The rain will continue
Saturday night... with freezing rain remaining possible over the
region northwest third of central Illinois.
Then on Sunday... the system will move off to the east. However a
period of snow will be possible over the northern portions
... Especially northwest of the Illinois River on Sunday morning.
Many of the details on this weather event are still uncertain.
Keep tuned to later statements on this developing winter event.
- Alabama - Freeze Warning
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Blizzard Warning , Record Report
- Arizona - Winter Weather Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Georgia - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory, Winter Storm Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Areal Flood Watch , Freezing Rain Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Areal Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Freezing Rain Advisory
- Kansas - Freezing Rain Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Wind Chill Advisory
- Missouri - Areal Flood Watch , Freezing Rain Advisory
- Montana - Winter Weather Advisory , Wind Chill Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- New Mexico - High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Wind Chill Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Oregon - Freeze Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- South Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory
- Texas - Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Washington - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Freezing Rain Advisory
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report