Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Warning
Statement as of 12:07 AM CDT on September 02, 2014
Expires 5:00 AM EDT on September 02, 2014
The National Weather Service in Lincoln has issued a
* Flash Flood Warning for...
Effingham County in south central Illinois...
northern Clay County in south central Illinois...
* until 400 am CDT
* at 1207 am CDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated
slow moving thunderstorms with very heavy rainfall across the
warned area. Radar estimates up to 3 inches of rain has fallen in
the past hour across a portion of the warning area.
* Runoff from this excessive rainfall will cause flash flooding to
occur. Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Effingham... Altamont... Bible Grove... Dieterich... Edgewood... Iola...
Louisville... Teutopolis and Watson.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding. If flash flooding is observed act quickly. Do
not enter the water. Turn around and move up to higher ground to
escape flood waters. Do not stay in areas subject to flooding when
water begins rising.
Lat... Lon 3877 8870 3891 8869 3891 8881 3914 8880
3914 8838 3886 8836 3885 8835 3877 8835
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 11:13 PM CDT on September 01, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on September 02, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until 7 am CDT Tuesday...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of central Illinois... east central Illinois and
southeast Illinois... including the following areas... in
central Illinois... Shelby. In east central Illinois... Clark...
Coles... Cumberland and Edgar. In southeast Illinois... Clay...
Crawford... Effingham... Jasper... Lawrence and Richland.
* Until 7 am CDT Tuesday
* thunderstorms will continue to become more widespread overnight.
Rainfall rates may exceed 2 inches per hour at times within
stronger storms... producing an enhanced risk of flash flooding.
Showers and thunderstorms will gradually taper off and come to
an end by Tuesday morning.
* The high rainfall rates expected with these storms may lead to
flash flooding of low-lying and flood-prone areas... such as
ditches... viaducts... and small creeks and streams.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning
- California - Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Indiana - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Missouri - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Montana - Flood Warning , High Wind Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- New Mexico - Record Report
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Special Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Coastal Hazard Statement , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report