Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 11:13 PM CDT on September 01, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on September 02, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until 7 am CDT Tuesday...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of central Illinois... east central Illinois and
southeast Illinois... including the following areas... in
central Illinois... Shelby. In east central Illinois... Clark...
Coles... Cumberland and Edgar. In southeast Illinois... Clay...
Crawford... Effingham... Jasper... Lawrence and Richland.
* Until 7 am CDT Tuesday
* thunderstorms will continue to become more widespread overnight.
Rainfall rates may exceed 2 inches per hour at times within
stronger storms... producing an enhanced risk of flash flooding.
Showers and thunderstorms will gradually taper off and come to
an end by Tuesday morning.
* The high rainfall rates expected with these storms may lead to
flash flooding of low-lying and flood-prone areas... such as
ditches... viaducts... and small creeks and streams.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Fire Weather Watch
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Indiana - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Areal Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Dense Fog Advisory
- Massachusetts - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Montana - Flood Warning , High Wind Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning
- New Hampshire - Dense Fog Advisory
- New Mexico - Record Report
- New York - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch
- Rhode Island - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Coastal Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement, High Surf Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning