Current Watches and Warnings
Idaho, Big and Little Wood River Region
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 4:53 AM MST on December 19, 2014
Expires 7:00 AM EST on December 22, 2014
... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Saturday afternoon through
late Sunday night above 6000 feet...
The National Weather Service in Pocatello has issued a Winter
Storm Watch above 6000 feet... which is in effect from Saturday
afternoon through late Sunday night.
* Timing... 5 PM Saturday through 5 am Monday.
* Main impact... 6 to 12 inches of snow above 6000 feet with over a
foot possible above 7500 feet.
* Locations include... Driggs... Island Park... Monida Pass... Ashton
hill... Targhee Pass... Pine Creek Pass... Fish Creek
Summit... Georgetown Summit..Galena Summit... Smiley creek
Lodge... Willow Creek Summit.
* Other impacts... blowing and drifting snow with low visibilities
possible on Sunday.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Special Weather Statement
Statement as of 5:59 AM MST on December 18, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EST on December 19, 2014
... Heavy snow possible in the mountains of southeast Idaho
Saturday through Monday...
A pattern of rather moist westerly winds off the Pacific is
expected to develop across southeast Idaho this weekend and may
bring some heavy snow accumulation to the mountain areas. There
is also potential for some strong winds over the mountains tops to
develop by Sunday that could create some hazardous blowing and
drifting conditions. This is a developing situation and
implications for the lower valleys and interstates is uncertain at
this time although rain is mainly expected in the Snake River Plain.
If you are planning on travel that will include mountain passes
this weekend... stay informed on the latest weather forecasts.
- Arkansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Storm Watch , Special Weather Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Watch
- Maryland - Special Statement
- Michigan - Winter Weather Advisory
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Winter Weather Statement , Dense Fog Advisory
- Nebraska - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Dense Fog Advisory
- New York - Winter Weather Advisory
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Ohio - Winter Weather Advisory
- Oklahoma - Dense Fog Advisory
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Utah - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Washington - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Areal Flood Warning , Special Weather Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement