Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, Big Island Interior
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 6:40 PM HST on September 02, 2015
Expires 4:00 AM EDT on September 03, 2015
The National Weather Service in Honolulu has extended the
* Flood Advisory for the island of Hawaii in Hawaii County
* until 1000 PM HST
* at 630 PM HST... radar still showed areas of heavy showers and
thunderstorms with rain rates approaching 2 inches an hour over
the north and west two thirds of The Big Island. The heaviest
showers occurred over the central part of south Kona district.
Additional heavy showers will continue through the evening.
* Other locations in the advisory include but are not limited to
Waikoloa Village... Waimea... Puuanahulu... Captain Cook...
Honaunau... Waipio Valley... Honokaa... and Laupahoehoe.
Stay away from streams... drainage ditches... and low-lying areas prone
Rainfall and runoff will also cause hazardous driving conditions due
to ponding... reduced visibility and poor braking action.
Do not cross fast flowing or rising water in your vehicle or on foot.
Turn around... Don/T drown.
This advisory may need to be extended beyond 1000 PM HST if heavy
Lat... Lon 2020 15599 2034 15585 1992 15506 1954 15524
1917 15595 1966 15611
Statement as of 4:45 PM HST on September 02, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Hilo hi...
A high temperature of 93 degrees at Hilo hi today breaks the old
record of 89 set in 1987.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, High Surf Warning , High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- New Jersey - Air Quality Alert
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- New York - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- North Carolina - Air Quality Alert
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Oregon - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Record Report
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Washington - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report