Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, Haleakala Summit
Tropical Storm Watch
Statement as of 11:59 AM HST on August 30, 2015
Expires 1:00 AM EDT on August 31, 2015
... Tropical storm watch remains in effect...
... Precautionary/preparedness actions...
Loose objects such as lawn furniture... garbage cans... and other
items should be secured or stored indoors.
... Probability of tropical storm/hurricane conditions...
based on the latest forecast... there is little chance for
hurricane conditions. Also... the chance for tropical storm
conditions at this time is below 13 percent. This represents a
general downward trend since the last forecast.
although the latest forecast is for sustained winds to remain
below tropical storm force of 39 mph... 34 knots... only a small
change in the track of Ignacio could result in higher winds.
... Storm surge and storm tide...
swells generated by Ignacio will increase along east and southeast
facing shores of the island of Maui... and will result in surf
heights of 6 to 12 feet today... reaching up to 15 to 20 feet on
Monday through Tuesday. The high surf is expected to create
dangerous currents. Some coastal inundation of low lying areas is
expected especially at high tide.
... Inland flooding...
total rainfall amounts of 1 to 4 inches... with isolated amounts
near 5 inches mainly in areas of higher terrain... are possible.
Statement as of 6:24 PM HST on August 29, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Hilo hi...
A record high temperature of 89 degrees was set at Hilo hi today.
This breaks the old record of 88 set in 2007.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Areal Flood Advisory , Frost Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Coastal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, High Surf Warning , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Indiana - Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Public Information Statement
- Montana - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , High Wind Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Areal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Areal Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Record Report
- Utah - Flash Flood Warning
- Washington - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report