Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, Kauai Leeward
Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory
Statement as of 12:03 AM HST on September 05, 2015
407 PM HST Fri Sep 4 2015
... Flash Flood Watch in effect until 6 PM HST Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Honolulu has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for Kauai... Niihau and Oahu
* until 6 PM HST Saturday.
* A band of moisture extending south from the remnant of Hurricane
Ignacio and a trough aloft northwest of the islands will make
conditions favorable for locally heavy showers and thunderstorms
through Saturday. Saturated soils from recent rainfall will
increase the risk for flash flooding.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is very dangerous. Remember
that it does not have to be raining heavily where you are for
flash flooding to occur.
Monitor the latest forecasts and be prepared to take immediate
action if flash flood warnings are issued.
... High surf advisory remains in effect until 6 PM HST Saturday...
A high surf advisory remains in effect until 6 PM HST Saturday.
* Surf... along south facing shores... 6 to 8 feet through
tonight... rising to 7 to 10 feet Saturday.
* Timing... through Saturday 6 PM HST.
* Impacts... moderate... expect strong breaking waves... shore
break... and strong longshore and rip currents making swimming
difficult and dangerous.
Beachgoers... swimmers... and surfers should heed all advice given
by ocean safety officials and exercise caution. Boaters should
expect recreational surfers and body boarders utilizing Harbor
channels to access surfing areas.
Statement as of 4:39 PM HST on September 04, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Hilo hi...
A record high temperature of 89 degrees was set at Hilo hi today.
This breaks the old record of 87 set in 1990.
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - High Surf Advisory , Frost Advisory, Freeze Watch , Frost Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Delaware - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Warning , Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Maryland - Record Report
- Michigan - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Montana - Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- New York - Record Report
- Oregon - Flash Flood Watch , Frost Advisory, Freeze Watch , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement