Current Watches and Warnings
Georgia, Coastal Glynn
Statement as of 9:49 PM EDT on April 18, 2014
Expires 9:49 PM EDT on April 19, 2014
The Flood Warning continues for
the Altamaha river at Everett city.
* From Saturday afternoon until further notice... or until the warning
* At 9:15 PM Friday the stage was 11.7 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 12.0 feet.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by tomorrow early afternoon and
continue to rise to near 13.1 feet by Wednesday evening. Additional
rises are possible thereafter.
* Impact... at 13.0 feet... water begins to encroach upon Altamaha Park
Road and Pennick Road. Portions of Altamaha Park become inundated.
* Impact... at 12.0 feet... agricultural and Timber lands flooded. Water
begins to encroach upon Altamaha Park.
* Impact... at 10.0 feet... river begins coming out of channel banks
inundating low lying bottomlands.
Fld observed 7am EST / 8am EDT forecast
location stg stg day time Sat sun Mon Tue Wed
Everett cit 12 11.7 Fri 09 PM 11.8 12.3 12.4 12.5 12.8
Lat... Lon 3152 8172 3139 8162 3130 8144 3138 8142 3143 8155 3155 8162
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 6:10 PM EDT on April 18, 2014
Expires 6:00 AM EDT on April 19, 2014
... High rip current risk remains in effect until 6 am EDT
... High surf advisory is cancelled...
* impacts... rip currents will be common at area beaches through
tonight. Beach goers should exercise caution if entering
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Special Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Record Report
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New York - Flood Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Vermont - Flood Warning
- Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement