Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 3:43 AM EDT on May 05, 2016
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on May 05, 2016
... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 8 am this morning to
11 PM EDT this evening...
* locations... north and central Georgia.
* Winds... sustained northwest winds of 15 to 25 mph with gusts up
to 35 mph.
* Timing... 8 am to 11 PM today.
* Impacts... gusty winds may down tree branches and a few trees.
Motorists in high profile vehicles should use caution when
traveling. Unsecured outdoor objects may be blown around.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution. Please secure loose outdoor
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 5:58 AM EDT on May 05, 2016
... Brasstown Bald NWR transmitter may experience brief outages
NOAA Weather Radio transmitter kxi 22 at Brasstown Bald... on
162.500... will undergo maintenance today. The transmitter may be
down for brief periods. Kxi 22 provides service to the Georgia
counties of Fannin... Lumpkin... towns... Union... and white... and the
North Carolina County of Cherokee.
Alternate service for the affected areas can be received from
transmitters at Chatsworth... wxk 52 on 162.400... Blue Ridge... kxi
75 on 162.475... Clayton... kxi 81 on 162.450... and Robbinsville...
wwg 82 on 162.525. Weather information is also available from
- Alabama - Wind Advisory
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Advisory
- District of Columbia - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Statement
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Wind Advisory
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Coastal Flood Statement
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oregon - Record Report
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Virginia - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Statement , Special Statement
- Washington - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory