Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, Coastal Miami Dade County
Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:56 AM EDT on August 31, 2016
343 am EDT Wed Aug 31 2016
... High rip current risk remains in effect until 8 am EDT this
* timing... through Wednesday morning.
* Impacts... rough surf... northward flowing currents and rip
currents will continue to create dangerous conditions for
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards... beach patrol
flags and signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... Yell for help. Remain
calm... do not exhaust yourself and stay afloat while waiting for
help. If you have to swim out of a rip current... swim parallel to
shore and back toward the beach when possible. Do not attempt to
swim directly against a rip current as you will tire quickly.
Swim near a lifeguard. If caught in a rip current remain calm.
Don't fight the current. Swim in a direction following the
shoreline. If unable to escape... face the shore and call or wave
for help. If tired... float or tread water until out of the rip
... Flood Watch now in effect until midnight...
The Flood Watch is now in effect for
* a portion of South Florida... including the following areas...
coastal Broward... coastal Collier... coastal Miami-Dade...
coastal Palm Beach... far South Miami-Dade... Glades... Hendry...
inland Broward... inland Collier... inland Miami-Dade... inland
Palm Beach... Metro Broward... Metro Miami-Dade and Metro Palm
* Until midnight tonight.
* Periods of locally heavy rainfall will continue across South
Florida through this evening as deep tropical moisture remains
in place across the region.
* Widespread rainfall amounts of a half inch to 2 inches are
expected over South Florida with localized heavier amounts
possible in areas affected by training or slow-moving
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
- Alabama - Hurricane Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert
- Delaware - Special Statement, Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- District of Columbia - Air Quality Alert
- Florida - Tropical Storm Watch , Hurricane Watch , Hurricane Statement , Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Hurricane Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Watch , Hurricane Warning , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Idaho - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Flood Watch
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Watch
- Maryland - Air Quality Alert
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Mississippi - Coastal Flood Watch , Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch
- New Jersey - Special Statement , Special Statement, Beach Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement
- North Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement, Air Quality Alert , Air Quality Alert
- South Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Tennessee - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Fire Weather Watch
- Virginia - Air Quality Alert , Beach Hazard Statement
- Wisconsin - Record Report , Public Information Statement