Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, Coastal Broward County
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 3:50 PM EDT on October 27, 2016
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on October 28, 2016
... High rip current risk remains in effect through Friday
* timing... through Friday evening.
* Impacts... life threatening rip currents are expected through
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards... beach patrol
flags and signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... Yell for help. Remain
calm... do not exhaust yourself and stay afloat while waiting for
help. If you have to swim out of a rip current... swim parallel to
shore and back toward the beach when possible. Do not attempt to
swim directly against a rip current as you will tire quickly.
Swim near a lifeguard. If caught in a rip current remain calm.
Don't fight the current. Swim in a direction following the
shoreline. If unable to escape... face the shore and call or wave
for help. If tired... float or tread water until out of the rip
Statement as of 3:47 PM EDT on October 27, 2016
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on October 27, 2016
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 8 PM EDT this evening...
* timing... through this evening.
* Winds... frequent wind gusts to 35 mph or greater.
* Impacts... high profile or light weight vehicles will be
difficult to drive... especially on bridges and overpasses.
Light to moderate weight items... such as lawn furniture and
empty trash cans will be blown around. Small tree limbs and
numerous Palm fronds will be snapped and knocked down.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Watch , Record Report
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Idaho - Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kansas - Special Statement
- Maine - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Massachusetts - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Nebraska - Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Freezing Rain Advisory
- New Mexico - Record Report
- New York - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Winter Weather Advisory , Freezing Rain Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - Wind Advisory
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report