Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, Coastal Franklin
Statement as of 8:59 AM CDT on April 19, 2014
Expires 9:59 AM EDT on April 20, 2014
The Flood Warning continues for
the Apalachicola River near Blountstown.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 8:15 am Saturday the stage was 18.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 21.9 feet by
Thursday early afternoon then begin falling.
* Impact... at 22.0 feet... minor lowland flooding will occur on many
roads including Byrd Parker Road... warmouth drive... Gaskin
park... the end of Lake Grove Road... Elm Street on Red Bull
Island... and Lower Landing on Howards Creek. The 22.0 ft level at
Blountstown may at times not be representative of river levels in
the these areas due to tidal effects... winds... or local rainfall
and should be used with caution.
Lat... Lon 3061 8498 3007 8520 2972 8505 2980 8490 3009 8508 3061 8490
Statement as of 2:34 AM EDT on April 19, 2014
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Apalachicola...
a record rainfall of 1.69 inches was set at Apalachicola on
Friday... April 18. This breaks the old record of 1.62 set in 1943.
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Tornado Watch , Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Record Report
- Michigan - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Watch
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Special Statement , Record Report
- New York - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Vermont - Flood Warning
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report