Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, South Walton
Statement as of 7:49 PM CDT on April 17, 2014
Expires 8:49 PM EDT on April 18, 2014
... Forecast flooding increased from moderate to major severity...
the Flood Warning continues for
the Choctawhatchee River near Bruce (sr 20).
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 7:01 PM Thursday the stage was 15.5 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 13.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 17.6 feet by
early Wednesday morning then begin falling.
* Impact... at 16.5 feet... major flooding occurs along the east and
west banks of the choctahatchee river from near the confluence with
Holmes creek to the Gulf of Mexico affecting many homes and fishing
Lat... Lon 3070 8592 3047 8596 3044 8613 3037 8609 3044 8585 3070 8581
Areal Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 1:55 PM CDT on April 17, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on April 18, 2014
245 PM EDT Thu Apr 17 2014 /145 PM CDT Thu Apr 17 2014/
... Flood Watch remains in effect from late tonight through late
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of southeast Alabama... Florida and Georgia...
including the following areas... in southeast Alabama...
Coffee... Dale... Geneva... Henry and Houston. In Florida...
Calhoun... central Walton... coastal Bay... coastal Dixie...
coastal Franklin... coastal Gulf... coastal Jefferson... coastal
Taylor... coastal Wakulla... Gadsden... Holmes... inland Bay...
inland Dixie... inland Franklin... inland Gulf... inland
Jefferson... inland Taylor... inland Wakulla... inland Walton...
Jackson... Lafayette... Leon... Liberty... Madison... south Walton
and Washington. In Georgia... Baker... Ben Hill... Berrien...
Brooks... Calhoun... Clay... Colquitt... Cook... Decatur...
Dougherty... early... Grady... Irwin... Lanier... Lee... Lowndes...
Miller... Mitchell... Quitman... Randolph... Seminole... Terrell...
Thomas... Tift... Turner and Worth.
* From late tonight through late Friday night
* widespread rainfall amounts of 3 to 4 inches are anticipated...
with isolated amounts as high as 6 inches.
* The most significant impacts will likely be felt near area
rivers currently in or near flood stage across North Florida
and south Georgia.
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
... High rip current risk now in effect through Friday evening...
* location... Big Bend and Panhandle beaches.
* Surf... 2 to 4 feet along Big Bend beaches... 1 to 2 feet
elsewhere into tonight. Surf will increase on Friday to 3 to 4
feet Walton and Bay counties with a few spots to 5 feet. Seas 2
to 3 feet Gulf and Walton counties.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore. If you become caught in a rip current remain calm and
swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the force of the
rip current... swim back to the beach. Do not attempt to swim
directly against a rip current. Even a strong swimmer can become
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Idaho - Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Frost Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Maine - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- Maryland - Frost Advisory
- Massachusetts - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning
- New Hampshire - Flood Warning , Record Report
- New Jersey - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- New York - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Record Report
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Vermont - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report