Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 11:18 AM EDT on August 31, 2015
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on September 05, 2015
... The Flood Warning continues for
the Peace River at Zolfo Springs
* until late Friday night.
* At 10 am Monday the stage was 17.5 feet.
* Flood stage is 16.0 feet.
* The river will continue rising to near 17.7 feet by this evening.
The river is then expected to fall below flood stage Friday evening.
* Flood history... this crest compares to a previous
crest of 17.6 feet on Oct 11 2011.
Fld observed forecast 8am
location stg stg day time Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
zolfo Sprin 16 17.5 Mon 10 am 17.6 17.3 17.0 16.3 15.7
Lat... Lon 2762 8176 2735 8179 2735 8187 2762 8184
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:00 AM EDT on August 31, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on August 31, 2015
... Flood Watch remains in effect through this evening...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of FL and Florida... including the following in ...
FL... coastal Charlotte... coastal Hernando... coastal
Hillsborough... coastal Lee... coastal Manatee... coastal Pasco...
coastal Sarasota... inland Charlotte... inland Hernando...
inland Hillsborough... inland Lee... inland Manatee... inland
Pasco and inland Sarasota. In Florida... DeSoto... Hardee...
Highlands... Pinellas and Polk.
* Through this evening
* deep tropical moisture over the region will create a threat
for very heavy rainfall across west central and southwest
Florida through Monday. 2 to 4 inches of rain with locally
higher amounts is possible.
* Heavy rain may create significant flooding of streets... urban
areas... and low lying flood prone areas. Additional river
flooding may develop across west central Florida... and
flooding will likely be exacerbated on rivers currently in
A Flood Watch means that flooding is possible during the next
24 to 36 hours. Residents living in flood prone areas should take
action to protect property.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Special Weather Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning
- California - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Special Weather Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Louisiana - Special Statement
- Maryland - Air Quality Alert
- Montana - High Wind Warning
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Air Quality Alert
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory
- Ohio - Special Statement
- Oregon - Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Air Quality Alert
- Puerto Rico - Areal Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Weather Statement , Special Statement
- Utah - Special Statement , Special Weather Statement
- Washington - Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement