Current Watches and Warnings
Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 3:22 AM CDT on April 19, 2014
Expires 6:15 AM EDT on April 19, 2014
513 PM CDT Fri Apr 18 2014
The Flood Warning continues for
the Choctawhatchee River near Caryville (us 90).
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 3:00 am Saturday the stage was 12.8 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 12.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 15.9 feet by
Tuesday early afternoon then begin falling.
* Impact... at 16.0 feet... Highway 279 south of Caryville will be cut
off. Several fish camps... residential areas and additional rural
roads in the area will be flooded.
Lat... Lon 3099 8588 3085 8591 3077 8589 3070 8592 3070 8581 3099 8580
The National Weather Service in Tallahassee has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
Holmes County in the Panhandle of Florida...
this includes the city of Bonifay...
Walton County in the Panhandle of Florida...
this includes the city of De Funiak Springs...
Washington County in the Panhandle of Florida...
this includes the cities of... Vernon... Chipley...
Geneva County in southeast Alabama...
this includes the city of Geneva...
* until 515 am CDT Saturday
* at 510 PM CDT... rainfall was gradually coming to an end across
much of the Florida Panhandle and southern Alabama. Rainfall
measurements and National Weather Service Doppler radar estimates
show that over 5 inches of rain has fallen in many places across
the warning area. Numerous Road closures have been reported across
the area and flooding of low lying areas will continue through
tonight and may even worsen as additional runoff from today's
heavy rains progress through creeks and streams.
Areas of standing water... or flooding along streams and rivers is
expected. Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to
recognize the dangers of flooding. Most flood deaths occur in
automobiles. Do not attempt to drive through flooded roads.
Remember... turn around... don't drown.
Lat... Lon 3099 8640 3100 8619 3119 8620 3120 8548
3100 8549 3097 8553 3094 8553 3085 8560
3083 8560 3083 8548 3079 8548 3078 8543
3063 8544 3057 8546 3056 8549 3044 8549
3045 8620 3048 8625 3046 8640
Statement as of 2:34 AM EDT on April 19, 2014
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Apalachicola...
a record rainfall of 1.69 inches was set at Apalachicola on
Friday... April 18. This breaks the old record of 1.62 set in 1943.
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Tornado Watch , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Special Weather Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Watch
- New Jersey - Special Statement , Record Report
- New York - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Vermont - Flood Warning
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report