Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Northeast Weld County
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 2:59 AM MST on November 30, 2015
... Today in Metro Denver weather history...
28-30 in 1991... a winter storm dumped heavy snow in the foothills
and near the Palmer Divide with 10 inches recorded at
Conifer and Golden Gate Canyon... 12 inches in Morrison...
6 inches at Castle Rock and Parker. Only 3.4 inches of
snow fell at Stapleton International Airport where north
winds gusting to 35 mph on the 29th... produced some blowing
snow. Some light freezing drizzle also fell on the 28th
29-30 in 2008... a storm system produced locally heavy bands of snow
across Douglas... Elbert and eastern Jefferson counties.
Northerly winds gusting to 50 mph caused snow drifts
to pile up to 2 feet in depth. Storm totals included: 12
inches just southwest of Kassler... 11.5 inches... 6.5 miles
southwest of Castle rock; 11 inches... 8.4 miles southeast of
Aurora and 9 miles west of littleton; 10 inches at Louviers...
8 inches... 2 miles west-southwest of Highlands Ranch and 5
miles south-southeast of Sedalia... and 7.5 inches... 14 miles
west-southwest of Agate and at Castle pines. At Denver
International Airport... 2 inches of snow was observed.
North winds gusted to 46 mph on the 30th.
30 in 1899... west winds were sustained to 45 mph with gusts as
high as 48 mph.
In 1903... west winds sustained to 44 mph with gusts to
54 mph warmed the temperature to a high of 57 degrees.
In 1981... strong winds blasted the foothills. In Wondervu...
winds were clocked to 81 mph with many other locations
in the foothills reporting over 60 mph. Northwest winds
gusted to 28 mph at Stapleton International Airport.
In 1986... the worst snow storm of the season dumped from 5.0
inches of snow at Stapleton International Airport to 14
inches over the higher southwestern suburbs. On the Sunday
after Thanksgiving... one of the busiest travel days of the
year at Stapleton International Airport... two of the four
runways were closed and flights were delayed up to four
hours. Near-blizzard conditions prevailed on the plains
east of Denver... closing both I-70 and I-76 for a time.
North wind gusts to 36 mph were recorded at Stapleton
In 2000... strong winds raked Metro Denver. In Thornton... a
construction worker was critically injured when the
scaffolding on which he was standing collapsed... throwing
him 25 feet to the ground. West winds gusted to 54 mph
at Denver International Airport.
30-1 in 1929... heavy snow blanketed the city. Snowfall totaled
9.8 inches downtown. North winds were sustained to 32
mph with gusts to 37 mph on the 30th.
In 1970... high winds blasted Boulder and the eastern plains.
In Boulder... a wind gust to 112 mph was recorded at the
National center for atmospheric research with a gust to
96 mph at the National Bureau of standards. In downtown
Boulder... wind gusts reached 76 mph. At Stapleton
International Airport... winds gusted to 47 mph. The high
winds caused widespread light to moderate property damage
across most of Metro Denver. Roofs... signs... trees... power
lines... and other property were damaged. Blowing dust
reduced visibility to near zero over most of eastern
Colorado. Several Mobile homes... campers... and semi-
trailers were blown off the highways north of Denver.
In 1985... an intrusion of cold Arctic air into Metro Denver
resulted in setting 3 temperature records. The temperature
climbed to only 17 degrees on the 30th... setting a record low
maximum for the date. On the 1st... the temperature plunged
to 6 degrees below zero... setting a record low for the date...
and warmed to only 7 degrees... setting a record low maximum
for the date.
30-2 in 1975... very strong Chinook winds up to 100 mph caused
damage to homes... aircraft... aircraft hangars... Mobile homes...
cars... and power lines along the eastern foothills. Strong
northwest winds gusted to 39 mph at Stapleton International
Airport on both the 30th and the 1st.
- Alabama - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Freezing Rain Advisory , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Dense Fog Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Air Stagnation Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Weather Statement , Winter Storm Warning
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Montana - Freezing Fog Advisory
- Nebraska - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- North Carolina - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Oregon - Freezing Rain Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Washington - Air Stagnation Advisory, Dense Fog Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Record Report