Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, West Jackson and West Grand Counties Above 9000 Feet
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 2:59 AM MDT on August 25, 2016
... Today in Metro Denver weather history...
19-30 in 1875... grasshoppers appeared in great numbers at 10:00 am
on the 19th. Thousands landed on the ground. The streets
were literally covered with them. Swarms of grasshoppers
were seen on each day. All gardens in the city were
devastated... and in the Countryside the grasshoppers were
very destructive to ripened grain. On the 30th the
grasshoppers were so numerous as to almost darken the sun.
24-26 in 1910... the lowest temperature ever recorded in August... 40
degrees... occurred on each of these days and on August 22...
1904. The unusually cold weather for so early in the
season brought sub-freezing minimum temperatures to much
of the Colorado northeastern plains.
25 in 1951... a microburst produced a southwest wind gust to 50
mph at Stapleton Airport. Only a trace of rain was
In 1964... thunderstorm winds gusted to 59 mph and caused
some blowing dust at Stapleton International Airport.
In 1994... lightning struck a power pole in Louisville and
caused a two-hour power outage.
In 2008... an unoccupied home was struck by lightning in Aurora...
causing 75 thousand dollars in damage to the roof.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Iowa - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Michigan - Flood Warning
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Special Statement
- Montana - Air Quality Alert
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Special Statement
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Texas - Flood Warning
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement