Current Watches and Warnings
California, Cadiz Basin
Flash Flood Warning
Statement as of 6:37 PM PDT on September 16, 2014
Expires 11:45 PM EDT on September 16, 2014
... A Flash Flood Warning remains in effect until 845 PM PDT/845 PM
MST/ for southeastern San Bernardino County...
At 634 PM PDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar continued to
indicate thunderstorms producing flash flooding east of Vidal
Junction along State Route 62. Runoff from the heavy rain will
impact State Route 62 between mile markers 103 and 124.
Locations impacted include...
mainly rural areas of extreme southeastern San Bernardino County.
Flash flooding is expected in washes... low water crossings and on
roads. To escape rising water... move to higher ground. Never try to
cross a flooded Road or enter a flood channel. Turn around... dont
Report flooding to the Las Vegas National Weather Service via
facebook or twitter.
Lat... Lon 3433 11493 3435 11455 3415 11430 3413 11432
3410 11441 3407 11444 3407 11492
Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 7:37 PM PDT on September 16, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on September 19, 2014
105 PM PDT Tue Sep 16 2014 /105 PM MST Tue Sep 16 2014/
The National Weather Service in Phoenix has issued a
* small stream Flood Advisory for...
eastern Riverside County in Southern California...
this includes the locales of Blythe and Desert Center...
* until 930 PM PDT/930 PM MST/
* at 732 PM PDT/732 PM MST/ thunderstorms over the advisory area have
produced heavy rain. Doppler radar estimates that up to 1.5 inches
of rain has fallen since 630 PM... primarily over remote areas.
This will cause normally dry washes to begin running as well as
ponding of water on roadways and low lying areas.
* Locations that may experience minor flooding include but are not
limited to... the McCoy wash... State Route 177... and Eagle Mountain.
A Flood Advisory means that normally dry washes and streams will
suddenly have running water. Unbridged crossings may become
hazardous. There will be ponding of water on streets and low spots
causing traffic to be impeded. If you encounter ponding or flowing
waters... do not attempt to cross by foot or automobile. Turn
around... dont drown.
Lat... Lon 3407 11532 3408 11450 3396 11451 3393 11454
3392 11452 3354 11458 3345 11563 3409 11558
3407 11555 3411 11552 3412 11550
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect from Wednesday morning
through Thursday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of northwest Arizona... California and southern
Nevada... including the following areas... in northwest
Arizona... Lake havasu and Fort Mohave... Lake Mead National
Recreation Area and northwest deserts. In California... Cadiz
basin... eastern Mojave Desert... morongo basin and San
Bernardino County-upper Colorado River valley. In southern
Nevada... Lake Mead National Recreation Area... Las Vegas
Valley... northeast Clark County... Sheep Range... southern Clark
County and Spring Mountains-Red Rock Canyon.
* From Wednesday morning through Thursday evening
* Tropical Storm Odile will track east of the area over the next
48 hours. Tropical moisture from this storm has moved into
into the area and is increasing the threat of thunderstorm
activity and the potential for heavy rainfall. These
thunderstorms and the associated flash flood threat will be
isolated to scattered in nature. However... with many areas
still recovering from flood impacts the risk for additional
impacts is high.
* Burn scars... urban centers... and areas that have recently
experienced flooding should pay close attention to forecasts and
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation
and persons in and near the watch area should be alert to the
potential for heavy rainfall.
Statement as of 9:50 AM PDT on September 16, 2014
... Record high temperature tied at Death Valley CA...
a record high temperature of 119 degrees was set at Death Valley CA
yesterday. This ties the old record of 119 set in 1971.
The above information is preliminary and is subject to a final
review and certification by the National climatic data center.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flash Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Nevada - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement