Current Watches and Warnings
California, South Central Siskiyou County
Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 10:39 PM PDT on July 28, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on July 31, 2014
... Red flag warning in effect from 2 PM to 11 PM PDT Tuesday for
abundant lightning with dry fuels for fire weather zones 280...
281... 282... 284... 285... 617... 621... 622... 623... 624 and 625...
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Wednesday afternoon through
Wednesday evening for abundant lightning with dry fuels for fire
weather zones 280... 281... 282... 284... 285... 617... 621... 622...
623... 624 and 625...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a red flag
warning... which is in effect from 2 PM to 11 PM PDT Tuesday. A
Fire Weather Watch has also been issued. This Fire Weather Watch
is in effect from Wednesday afternoon through Wednesday evening.
The Fire Weather Watch for Tuesday has been upgraded.
* Affected areas: fire weather zones 281... 622... 624... 285...
282... 284... 621... 625... 623... 617 and 280
* thunderstorms... scattered thunderstorms are expected Tuesday
afternoon through the evening... diminishing in coverage late
Tuesday night then likely expanding in coverage on Wednesday
afternoon into Wednesday evening.
* Outflow winds... 30 to 40 mph gusts are possible on both days.
* Impacts... scattered thunderstorms combined with existing very
dry fuels will result in many fire starts in a short period
of time. Significant rainfall is expected with some of the
thunderstorms... but fire spread is likely in areas that do
not receive wetting rain and as drying occurs in the days
that follow the thunderstorms.
* View the hazard area in detail at http://go.USA.Gov/zyv5
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. These conditions will
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
may occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible red flag
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- Idaho - Heat Advisory
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Special Statement
- Maryland - Record Report
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New York - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Utah - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Public Information Statement