Current Watches and Warnings
California, Greater Lake Tahoe Area
Lake Wind Advisory
Statement as of 2:48 AM PDT on October 23, 2016
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on October 24, 2016
... Lake Wind Advisory now in effect from 11 am this morning to
8 PM PDT Monday for Lake Tahoe...
The lake Wind Advisory for Lake Tahoe is now in effect from 11 am
this morning to 8 PM PDT Monday.
* Winds: southwest winds 15-20 mph with gusts to 35 mph this
afternoon and evening. Southwest winds 20-30 mph with gusts 40-45
mph Monday afternoon and evening.
* Wave heights: 2-4 feet... highest on the mid lake waters to
* Small boats... kayaks and paddle boards will be prone to
capsizing and should remain off lake waters until conditions
Check lake conditions before heading out and be prepared for a
sudden increase in winds and wave heights. Consider postponing
boating activities on the lake until a day with less wind.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:02 AM PDT on October 23, 2016
Expires 9:00 PM EDT on October 23, 2016
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am this morning to
6 PM PDT this evening for gusty winds and low humidity for
southeastern Mono County...
* affected area... fire zone 273 Mono and eastern alpine counties.
* Winds... south winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts to 30 mph becoming
10 to 20 mph with gusts to 40 mph in the afternoon. Ridgetop
wind gusts up to 75 mph.
* Humidity... 9-17 percent.
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds and low humidity can
cause fire to rapidly grow in size and intensity before first
responders can contain them.
Avoid outdoor activities that can cause a spark near dry
vegetation... such as yard work... target shooting... or
campfires. Follow local fire restrictions. Check weather.Gov/Reno
for updates and livingwithfire.Info for preparedness tips.
- Alaska - Coastal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Special Statement
- California - High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report
- Connecticut - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Flood Statement , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Special Statement
- Maine - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Special Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New Hampshire - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New York - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory
- Rhode Island - Wind Advisory
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Vermont - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory