Current Watches and Warnings
California, Surprise Valley California
Statement as of 3:20 PM PDT on October 24, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on October 26, 2014
... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 8 am to 11 PM PDT
A Wind Advisory remains in effect from 8 am to 11 PM PDT
* Timing: winds will increase Saturday morning and continue
through the afternoon... then diminish Saturday evening.
* Winds: south to southwest 20 to 35 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
Locally stronger gusts up to 65 mph in wind prone areas.
* Impacts: hazardous travel conditions for high profile vehicles.
Travel restrictions likely on Highway 395 and Interstate 580
south of Reno and possible in California along Highway 395 south
of Susanville. If you have outdoor decorations... make sure they
are secured or brought indoors before Saturday morning.
Motorists... especially in high profile vehicles... should use
caution and remain alert for sudden gusts or cross winds. Check
our website at weather.Gov/Reno or listen to NOAA Weather Radio
for updates on this situation.
- Alaska - Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory, High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Iowa - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Maine - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory
- North Dakota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Washington - Wind Advisory
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement