Current Watches and Warnings
California, Mountains Southwestern Shasta County to Northern Lake County
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Statement as of 4:15 PM PDT on July 22, 2014
Expires 8:15 PM EDT on July 22, 2014
The National Weather Service in Sacramento has issued a
* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for...
extreme southwestern Shasta County in northern California...
this includes the city of yolla Bolly district rs...
extreme northwestern Tehama County in northern California...
* until 515 PM PDT
* at 411 PM PDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated a
severe thunderstorm capable of producing quarter size hail.
This storm was located near yolla Bolly district rs and
Platina... and moving north at 15 mph. However... thunderstorms
continue to develop behind the original storm... and large hail will
likely continue to impact the same area.
* The severe thunderstorm will otherwise remain over mainly rural
areas of the indicated County.
This storm is capable of producing heavy rain and ponding of water on
area roadways. Motorists should slow down and exercise caution.
Lat... Lon 4037 12304 4042 12299 4046 12292 4046 12290
4051 12285 4051 12282 4038 12281 4025 12287
time... Mot... loc 2314z 187deg 13kt 4041 12293
Flash Flood Warning
Statement as of 4:13 PM PDT on July 22, 2014
Expires 8:45 PM EDT on July 22, 2014
... A Flash Flood Warning remains in effect until 545 PM PDT for
northwestern Tehama and extreme southwestern Shasta counties...
At 406 PM PDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar continued to
indicate training thunderstorms producing very heavy rain over the
warned area. This cell has a history of backbuilding over the area
and may continue to bring hail and heavy rain to the same
locations. The cell is on the southwestern periphery of the bully
fire and could move over the burn scar and cause debris flow. The
yolla Bolly Ranger station reported half inch hail... enhanced
runoff... and very heavy rainfall. Radar estimates between between 2
and 3.5 inches of rain have already fallen.
Locations in the warning include but are not limited to Highway
36... yolla Bolly district Ranger station... Platina and knob.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small
creeks and streams... country roads... as well as farmland along the
banks of creeks and streams.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
safely. Move to higher ground.
To report flooding... have the nearest law enforcement agency relay
your report to the National Weather Service forecast office in
Lat... Lon 4043 12300 4046 12290 4052 12283 4052 12282
4038 12281 4026 12287 4019 12297 4021 12299
4024 12299 4027 12308 4033 12309
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:54 PM PDT on July 22, 2014
... Red flag warning in effect until 9 PM PDT this evening for
thunderstorms with abundant lightning and dry fuels for fire
weather zones 204 and 283...
The National Weather Service in Eureka has issued a red flag
warning for thunderstorms... which is in effect until 9 PM PDT
* Affected area... fire weather zones 204 and 283.
* Thunderstorms... moving south to north across the area through
early this evening. Rapid storm motions may result in numerous
lightning strikes outside rain cores.
* Outflow winds... gusty outflow winds of 45 to 55 mph are possible
in the stronger storms.
* Impacts... lightning strikes on very dry fuels have the
potential to produce multiple new fire starts that could
spread quickly due to dry fuel conditions.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures will
create explosive fire growth potential.
Statement as of 8:30 AM PDT on July 22, 2014
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Redding Airport CA...
A record rainfall of 0.03 inch(es) was set at Redding Airport
in California yesterday. This breaks the old record of none,
Redding California has never had measurable precipitation
on this date since records began in 1897.
- Alabama - Special Statement
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert
- Florida - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flash Flood Warning
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Heat Advisory
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Louisiana - Special Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement, Air Quality Alert , Air Quality Alert
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement , Special Weather Statement , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Montana - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Nebraska - Heat Advisory
- Nevada - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory
- New York - Air Quality Alert
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Tennessee - Special Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning
- Washington - Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Heat Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report