Current Watches and Warnings
California, Ventura County Coastal Valleys
Excessive Heat Warning
Statement as of 3:52 AM PDT on September 16, 2014
Expires 10:00 PM EDT on September 16, 2014
... Excessive heat warning remains in effect until 7 PM PDT this
* heat index... heat index values between 105 and 110 degrees are
expected late this morning through early evening. Heat index
values represent how hot it really feels when relative humidity
is factored in with actual air temperature.
* Impacts... the combination of heat and humidity will create a
dangerous situation in which heat illnesses are possible...
especially for the elderly and youth.
Never... ever... leave people or pets in enclosed vehicles... even
for a short period of time with the windows cracked open.
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency - call 911.
Statement as of 5:22 PM PDT on September 15, 2014
... Prelimindary record high temperatures set today in southwestern
a record high temperature of 96 degrees was set at Sandberg CA
today. This breaks the old record of 95 set in 1995.
A record high temperature of 90 degrees was set at Camarillo today.
This ties the old record of 90 set in 2012.
A record high temperature of 107 degrees was set at Woodland Hills
today. This breaks the old record of 106 set in 1989.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 6:15 AM PDT on September 16, 2014
... Record high temperatures possible today...
Hot weather will continue across much of southwestern California
today... especially away from the coast. The following are some
daily records and the year during which they occurred at selected
locations in southwestern California.
Location record for (year)
Downtown l.A. 103 (1909)
Long Beach ap 99 (1966)
ucla 98 (1939)
Burbank ap 105 (1984)
Woodland Hills 109 (2000)
Lancaster ap 104 (1951)
Palmdale ap 103 (1971)
Sandberg 94 (2000)
Camarillo ap 91 (1958)
Santa Barbara ap 90 (1979)
- Alabama - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Alaska - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Dense Fog Advisory
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- New York - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Watch
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Vermont - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report