Current Watches and Warnings
California, San Diego County Coastal Areas
Statement as of 1:08 PM PDT on October 08, 2015
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on October 09, 2015
... Heat advisory remains in effect from 10 am to 8 PM PDT
the inland Empire... 100 to 105 degrees.
Inland Orange County and the San Diego valleys... 95 to 103.
Coastal Orange and San Diego counties... 87 to 97.
Santa Ana Mountains... 95 to 100.
* Timing... Friday will be the hottest day. Not quite as hot
Saturday and Sunday.
* Impacts... risk of heat related illness. Those at high risk
include children... the elderly... and pets without adequate
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 7:27 PM PDT on October 08, 2015
... Beach hazards statement in effect from late Friday night
through Saturday evening...
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a beach
hazards statement for elevated surf and strong rip currents... which
is in effect from late Friday night through Saturday evening.
* Surf... 3 to 5 feet with local sets to 6 to 7 feet on southwest
facing beaches of Orange County and northern San Diego County.
* Timing... late Friday night through Saturday evening.
* Impacts... elevated surf and strong rip currents will create
dangerous swimming conditions.
A beach hazards statement is issued when threats such as strong
rip currents... elevated surf heights... minor tidal overflow... or
lightning are possible at local beaches. Obey posted warning
signs and flags and talk to a lifeguard before swimming. Use
caution when in or near the water and always swim near a
- Alaska - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Public Information Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Heat Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Special Statement
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Public Information Statement
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Air Quality Alert
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Warning
- North Dakota - Frost Advisory
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Frost Advisory
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- Washington - Special Statement , Record Report