Current Watches and Warnings
Arizona, Southwest Deserts
Excessive Heat Warning
Statement as of 2:18 PM PDT on August 30, 2014
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on August 30, 2014
... Excessive heat warning remains in effect until 8 PM MST /8 PM
PDT/ this evening...
An excessive heat warning remains in effect until 8 PM MST /8 PM
PDT/ this evening.
* Affected area... southwest Arizona and southeast California.
* Temperature... 110 to 113 degrees.
* Impacts... people playing or working outdoors... as well as
those without access to air conditioning... will be face an
elevated risk of heat related illness. Depending upon the
amount of exposure and healthiness of an individual... heat
illness can range from mild to fatal.
Never leave kids or pets unattended in cars. Drink more water
than usual and avoid alcohol... sugar... and caffeine. When
outdoors... wear light colored clothing and a wide-brimmed hat to
keep your head and body cooler. Take frequent rest breaks in
shaded or air conditioned environments. Public places with air
conditioning include libraries... community centers... government
buildings... malls... and special Refuge stations.
Recognize the signs and symptoms of heat illness. Early symptoms
include things such as headache... thirst... and muscle cramps.
Serious symptoms include weakness... skin that is cool to the
touch... fast but weak pulse... nausea... and fainting. Severe
symptoms include hot and red dry skin... fast and strong pulse...
sweating that has stopped... and unconsciousness. Untreated heat
illness can lead to fatal heat stroke.
Stay cool... stay hydrated... stay informed.
Visit US on facebook... twitter... and at weather.Gov/Phoenix
- Alabama - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Alaska - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flash Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Florida - Special Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Lake Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Record Report
- Indiana - Record Report
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Michigan - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Special Statement
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Montana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Special Statement , Record Report
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch
- South Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Washington - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement