Current Watches and Warnings
Arizona, West Central Deserts
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:08 PM MDT on May 04, 2016
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on May 05, 2016
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am to 8 PM MST
Thursday for southwest and south central Arizona due to strong
winds... low relative humidity and high fire danger...
* affected area... in Arizona... south-central and southwest
deserts and southern Gila County/Tonto National Forest
* Winds... south 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Timing... Thursday afternoon and evening.
* Relative humidity... as low as 8 percent.
* Impacts... Bio-fuels in the deserts and mountains are becoming
drier... resulting in high fire danger. These conditions...
combined with low relative humidity and strong winds... will
lead to widespread hazardous fire weather conditions in
southwest and south-central Arizona. Under these conditions...
if wild-fires start... they can spread very quickly.
Please advise the appropriate officials and fire crews in the
field of this red flag warning.
- Alabama - Wind Advisory
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Special Weather Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Coastal Flood Advisory
- District of Columbia - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Wind Advisory
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Advisory
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Air Quality Alert , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory