Current Watches and Warnings
Arizona, Lake Havasu and Fort Mohave
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:26 AM MDT on September 16, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on September 19, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect from Wednesday morning
through Thursday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of northwest Arizona... California and southern
Nevada... including the following areas... in northwest
Arizona... Lake havasu and Fort Mohave... Lake Mead National
Recreation Area and northwest deserts. In California... Cadiz
basin... eastern Mojave Desert... morongo basin and San
Bernardino County-upper Colorado River valley. In southern
Nevada... Lake Mead National Recreation Area... Las Vegas
Valley... northeast Clark County... Sheep Range... southern Clark
County and Spring Mountains-Red Rock Canyon.
* From Wednesday morning through Thursday evening
* tropical moisture is expected to push into the Desert
Southwest this week... bringing an enhanced risk of flash
flooding across the region. The highest risk of flooding will
occur Wednesday and Thursday across southern Nevada...
northwest Arizona and southeast California. There is still
high uncertainty in the evolution of the forecast during this
period and storms may be isolated to scattered in nature.
However... with many areas still recovering from flood impacts
the risk for additional impacts is high.
* Burn scars... urban centers... and areas that have recently
experiences recent flooding should pay close attention to
forecasts and warnings.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation
and persons in and near the watch area should be alert to the
potential for heavy rainfall.
Statement as of 5:35 PM PDT on September 15, 2014
... Record high temperature tied at Bishop CA...
a record high temperature of 97 degrees was set at Bishop CA today.
This ties the old record of 97 set in 2000.
The above information is preliminary and is subject to a final
review and certification by the National climatic data center.
- Alabama - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Alaska - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Dense Fog Advisory
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- New York - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Watch
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Vermont - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report