Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 9:45 PM CST on December 03, 2016
Expires 1:00 PM EST on December 06, 2016
The National Weather Service in Little Rock has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Cache River near Patterson.
* From Sunday morning to Tuesday afternoon... or until the warning is
* At 9:00 PM Saturday the stage was 8.9 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 9.0 feet.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by Sunday morning and continue
to rise to near 9.1 feet by Sunday evening.
* Impacts at 9.0 feet... low swampy Timberland along the river begins
to flood. Flood gates should be closed and equipment moved out of
the low grounds along the river and tributaries.
Fld observed forecast 6 am
location stg stg day time sun Mon Tue Wed Thu
Patterson 9 8.9 Sat 09 PM 9.0 9.0 8.7 7.7 5.8
Lat... Lon 3510 9133 3522 9128 3539 9123 3538 9113
3521 9117 3508 9122
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 6:00 AM CST on December 04, 2016
... Winter weather awareness week in Arkansas...
December 4th through the 9th is winter weather awareness week
in Arkansas. The purpose of this week is to remind people
what winter weather can bring, and how to deal with
hazardous winter conditions. Now is the time to prepare
for the upcoming winter season.
During each weekday, a different winter weather topic will be
covered in a public information statement...
Monday... the outlook for the coming winter
Tuesday... winter precipitation types
Wednesday... winter weather watches, warnings, and advisories
Thursday... winter weather safety rules
Friday... the cold of winter
Climatological winter runs from December through February.
Following two Winters /2013-2014 and 2014-2015/ with colder
and drier than average conditions locally, last winter was
very mild and precipitation was a little above average.
Winter avg temp departure precipitation departure
2013/2014 38.0 -3.3 10.40 -1.72
2014/2015 39.5 -1.8 9.68 -2.44
2015/2016 45.4 +4.1 13.00 +0.88
The odds favored warm/wet conditions last winter based on
past trends. Data shows that Arkansas experienced three cold
Winters in a row only twice since 1895, and three consecutive
dry Winters only three times. In this case, cold is defined as
at least 1.5 degrees below average and dry is at least 1.5 inches
We are currently transitioning from a very strong El Nino to
a possible weak La Nina. This means water temperatures near the
Equator in the Pacific Ocean have cooled significantly in recent
months. Since 1950, several such transitions have occurred. In
four of five transitions, winter temperatures were at or below
average across the state, and precipitation was at or above
average three of five times.
Please visit our web site at www.Weather.Gov/lzk
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Wind Chill Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Idaho - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Illinois - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Iowa - Winter Weather Advisory
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Maryland - Winter Weather Advisory
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Montana - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Special Statement
- Oregon - High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement
- South Dakota - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement