Current Watches and Warnings
Alabama, Lower Baldwin
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 4:13 AM CDT on July 28, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on July 29, 2014
... High rip current risk in effect through Tuesday morning...
The National Weather Service in Mobile has issued a high rip
current risk... which is in effect through Tuesday morning.
* Timing... through late tonight.
* Impacts... dangerous rip currents will persist through late tonight with
numerous to widespread rip currents likely. Continue to monitor for
later statements as updates are received from local lifeguards
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
Please visit the following website to share your thoughts on the
new rip current hazard...
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement , Heat Advisory
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Heat Advisory
- Georgia - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Heat Advisory
- Illinois - Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Special Statement
- Massachusetts - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Montana - Record Report
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement
- New York - Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Utah - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report