Current Watches and Warnings
Alaska, Upper Tanana Valley and the Fortymile Country
Statement as of 1:07 AM AKDT on September 14, 2014
... High minimum record tied at Wien Memorial Airport...
The high minimum temperature observed at Wien Memorial Airport on
Saturday was 52 degrees. This ties the record set back in 1933.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 3:56 PM AKDT on September 14, 2014
... Record high temperatures at Fairbanks and Delta Junction...
At 3pm today the Fairbanks Airport reached a temperature of 74
degrees. This breaks the old record high for this date of 73 set
back in 1938. The temperature may rise another degree or two this
afternoon. Fairbanks also set a record high temperature on
Saturday... and recorded a record warm minimum temperature
Saturday as well.
At 3pm today Delta Junction reached a temperature of 70 degrees.
This breaks the old record for this date of 67 set in 2006.
The temperature may rise another degree or two this afternoon.
Delta Junction set a record high on Saturday as well.
Very warm temperatures will continue through Monday... followed by a
slow cooling trend through the week. Temperatures will fall to
near normal by the end of the week. Normals this time of years are
highs in the lower 50s and lows in the mid 30s.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Record Report
- Kansas - Record Report
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Maine - Frost Advisory
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Montana - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Frost Advisory
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory
- New York - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- North Dakota - Frost Advisory
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Watch
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Vermont - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report